[Frama-c-discuss] Alt-ergo 0.92.1, Frama-C/Why package on Fedora

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Alt-ergo 0.92.1, Frama-C/Why package on Fedora
  • From: dwheeler at dwheeler.com (David A. Wheeler)
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:52:59 -0400 (EDT)

Claude Marche <Claude.Marche at inria.fr>
> Isn't it obvious? Release Alt-Ergo 0.92 appeared recently, while current
> Why version 2.26 was released on May. How could we know in May that
> release 0.92 will come, and how could we know in advance that it would
> work?

*grin*.  The reason for the warning is obvious, yes.  But since I'm being warned,
I wanted to know if this is a warning I can ignore, or if the warning indicates a serious problem.
The alt-ergo documentation mentions that it has a new array syntax, and that especially worried me.

> This warning will disappear in next Why release. And it is just a warning.

Okay.  In that case, my understanding is that this alt-ergo version warning should be ignored
by users of why 2.26.  In that case, I plan to get rid of the warning by running:
 sed -e 's/versions_ok = ["0\.91"]/versions_ok = ["0.91"; "0.92.1"];/' -i tools/dpConfig.ml
so that users of the package won't see a spurious warning.

--- David A. Wheeler