[Frama-c-discuss] Jessie + simplify broken?

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Jessie + simplify broken?
  • From: Claude.Marche at inria.fr (Claude Marche)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:19:53 +0200

On 10/11/2010 04:17 PM, Boris Hollas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to verify some of my programs with Jessie and simplify.
> Although why found simplify, all VCs fail. I see the "tool problem"
> icon.
>
> I compiled everything from the Boron 20100401 distribution on Ubuntu 10
> and installed simplify separately. Does why need special switches
> for ./configure?
>

>      prover      version              info   invocation
>    Alt-Ergo         0.92   (not supported)   alt-ergo
>    Simplify        1.5.4                     simplify
>          Z3                      not found
>       Yices                      not found
>        CVC3                      not found
>        CVCL                      not found
>       Gappa                      not found
>         Coq                      not found
>         PVS                      not found

The prover Simplify should work. Please also consider adding more of
them: for me Z3 and CVC3 regularly prove VCs that cannot be proved with
Alt-Ergo or Simplify

When the "tools" icon shows up for a prover, please select Proof/Debug
mode in the menu
and replay the same proof by double-clicking on it. Debug info should
print on the standard error, so that you can figure out what is the problem.

Apart from that, I confirm that the time limit setting of Gwhy should be
stored permanently between sessions, so you have a specific problem with
that, e.g. the ~/.gwhyrc, or the equivalent under MSWindows, is not
writeable.

- Claude

--
Claude March?                          | tel: +33 1 72 92 59 69
INRIA Saclay - ?le-de-France           | mobile: +33 6 33 14 57 93