[Frama-c-discuss] Frama-c-discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 13

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Frama-c-discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 13
  • From: dwheeler at dwheeler.com (David A. Wheeler)
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:01:50 -0400 (EDT)

Mark Rader:
> Believe it or not there were no patches necessary to complete the build.

Strictly speaking that's true, but the Fedora package does have sed commands
(in the frama-c and why package specifications) that have the same effect.

In any case, there are definitely some small changes that could be made to Frama-c
(and why) that would make it MUCH easier to package. I'm working with Mark Rader
to get those worded well, so we can submit them to for bug tracking.
If you're interested in the general principles, I recommend this page:
 http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/releasing-floss-software.html

--- David A. Wheeler