[Frama-c-discuss] Controlling the visitor (Plugin)

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Controlling the visitor (Plugin)
  • From: uaz11 at yahoo.fr (zakaria chihani)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:54:34 +0100 (BST)

Hello everyone!

Is there any way we can orient the visit?
Here's what we do:

Go through the function bodies (that we get by the self#current_func method), calculate a cost over the regular statements, but when we find a call to another function, we have to add the cost of that function too.

So, we end up with a dependency graph (cycles - mutual recursive functions - are of course not handled).
If we have A which calls B, which calls C, and if the visitor goes through the functions in that order, we need to tell him " Stop visiting A, go visit the callee before the caller"
Is there any way we can fix the visit order "manually"?

Thank you so much!

H. Zakaria Chihani
CerCo plug-in development.