[Frama-c-discuss] using floating-point + in spec

On 01/12/2011 11:02, Virgile Prevosto wrote:
> But x (a floating point variable coming directly from C), as well as
> \round_double(\NearestEven,y+z) could namely be infinities. It thus
> makes sense to use \eq_float to compare them.

Oops, I forgot something: an anonymous floating-point expert points me
to the fact that y and z could themselves be infinity or even NaN. In
that case, we are not able to say anything about their sum (As per ACSL
manual, we are in fact not able to say anything about their counterpart
in the real numbers). Thus I guess that the approach of rounding the
result of the addition on reals only works if y and z are neither
infinity nor NaN.

--
E tutto per oggi, a la prossima volta
Virgile