[Frama-c-discuss] Value analysis manual: questions and remarks

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Value analysis manual: questions and remarks
  • From: dmentre at linux-france.org (David MENTRE)
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:42:31 +0100

Hello,

David MENTRE <dmentre at linux-france.org> writes:

> I read the value analysis manual of Frama-C Boron and I have therefore
> several questions and remarks:

Another question: why the -val-signed-overflow-alarms is not activated
by default and is not activated together with -val option (at least in
Boron)? It is needed for the absolute value on int example (if (x < 0)
z=-x; else z=x;)[1]. Because it is experimental? If so, what are the
expected issues?

Best regards,
david

[1] BTW, in section 5.2, "Absence of arithmetic overflows" paragraph,
    the example does no work without this -val-signed-overflow-alarms
    option: no alarm is raised with only -val option.
"""
int abs ( int x ) {
if (x <0) x = -x ;
return x;
}
"""
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <dmentre at linux-france.org>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A