[Frama-c-discuss] Lab installation problem

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Lab installation problem
  • From: pascal.cuoq at gmail.com (Pascal Cuoq)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:04:28 +0100

> we have Frama-C/Jessie Boron installed from source (using make install)
> in a computer lab. Why stores gwhy.cache in /tmp with the the first user
> to start Jessie as owner. Any subsequent user can't use Jessie because
> he doesn't own gwhy.cache. What can be done about this?

Curiously, intf/cache.ml does not refer to /tmp explicitly (perhaps the
file is opened in the directory pointed to by environment variable $TMP).
It's worth a try.

Regardless, src/hypotheses_filtering.ml does refer explicitly to /tmp,
so several instances of gwhy can probably not reliably be used on
the same computer.

Without recompiling, I only see chroot-based solutions. That would involve
copying (or more intelligently, hardlinking) a lot of files. Good luck.

Pascal