[Frama-c-discuss] Need help on C-code slicing

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Need help on C-code slicing
  • From: francois.armand at orange.fr (François Armand)
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:46:39 +0200

I'm running Frama-C on Ubuntu. I intend to use it to perform slicing on a
legacy C code source as a way to do some (partly?) automated
reverse-engineering to determine how values are computed in this legacy
code. Actually I'm only interested in one  file among may others in this
legacy code.

I compiled my sources with gcc -save-temps
and run frama-c-gui - val myfile.i providing only the i file I'm interested
in.

I get a "Degeneration occurred"  banner in the window title bar.. and seem
to be unable to get any usable result from this point.

So far I did not find any clue to this. Could some one point me either to
the appropriate doc, or provide a hint on what I'm doing wrong?

Is there any limits on the complexity of the C code which can be handled?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Fran?ois