[Frama-c-discuss] Need help on C-code slicing

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Need help on C-code slicing
  • From: anne.pacalet at inria.fr (Anne Pacalet)
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 11:15:22 +0200

Le 09/06/2011 10:46, Fran?ois Armand a ?crit :
> I get a "Degeneration occurred"  banner in the window title bar.. and seem to be
> unable to get any usable result from this point.

This is a message from the value analysis part of Frama-C which runs because
you used the [-val] option, but would be started anyway before any slicing
request since the slicing uses the value analysis results.

I don't know all the details about the context of the "Degeneration" messages
but it is probably because the analysis doesn't have enough context to compute
something interesting on your file.

You said that you are only interested in one file, but do your have
an entry point in this file ? If not, you should write a "dummy" main function
to be used as entry point for the analysis.

I think that a good starting point to find the source of your problem
is to read the Value analysis documentation :
http://frama-c.com/download/frama-c-value-analysis.pdf

Hope this helps,
--
Anne.