[Frama-c-discuss] Jessie: Timeout for Simplify broken?

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Jessie: Timeout for Simplify broken?
  • From: hollas at informatik.htw-dresden.de (Boris Hollas)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 13:48:14 +0100 (CET)

Hello Jens and Virgile,

I also noticed that Jessie generates VCs for arithmetic safety even if
there are no arithmetic operations apart from comparisons. Eg, for enums
val1, val2,

if(val1 != val2)

generates 4 VCs and

switch(val1)

generates 2 VCs. I don't see how a arithmetic overflow might occur here.
What does Jessie try to prover here?

Regards,
Boris