Frama-C-discuss mailing list archives
This page gathers the archives of the old Frama-C-discuss archives, that was hosted by Inria's gforge before its demise at the end of 2020. To search for mails newer than September 2020, please visit the page of the new mailing list on Renater.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Frama-c-discuss] Seminar W. Schulte, March 18 (with title and abstract this time)
- Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Seminar W. Schulte, March 18 (with title and abstract this time)
- From: Claude.Marche at inria.fr (Claude Marche)
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:03:12 +0100
Title: Software engineering and testing at Microsoft : A research perspective Wolfram Schulte, Microsoft Research (MSR), Redmond, USA. SUP?LEC, Amphi F3-05. Vendredi 18 Mars 2011 ? 14h30 Abstract: Software is changing the world. But the software that drives this change is continuously growing in complexity and functionality. At the same time release cycles are shortening and customer expectations are rising. How does Microsoft guarantee trustworthy software in this challenging environment? In this talk I will shortly present Microsoft's approach to testing: its engineering life cycle, the role that testers play, and the used test tools and systems. I will then drill down into technologies (and tools) that my team championed in the last years: model-based testing with SpecExplorer, unit testing with Pex, security testing with Sage, and concurrency testing with Chess and friends. While these tools improve the effectiveness of software testing dramatically, there are still plenty of research challenges ahead, some of which I will address. Only if we tackle these successfully, we might be able to say someday that software bugs are as rare as power outages. -- Claude March? | tel: +33 1 72 92 59 69 INRIA Saclay - ?le-de-France | mobile: +33 6 33 14 57 93 Parc Orsay Universit? | fax: +33 1 74 85 42 29 4, rue Jacques Monod - B?timent N | http://www.lri.fr/~marche/ F-91893 ORSAY Cedex |
- Prev by Date: [Frama-c-discuss] jessie-"No code for function<name>, default assigns generated"
- Next by Date: [Frama-c-discuss] jessie-"No code for function<name>, default assigns generated"
- Previous by thread: [Frama-c-discuss] jessie-"No code for function<name>, default assigns generated"
- Next by thread: [Frama-c-discuss] precision for expression evaluation in a condition