Frama-C-discuss mailing list archives
This page gathers the archives of the old Frama-C-discuss archives, that was hosted by Inria's gforge before its demise at the end of 2020. To search for mails newer than September 2020, please visit the page of the new mailing list on Renater.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Frama-c-discuss] CHAR_BIT != 8
- Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] CHAR_BIT != 8
- From: ned at tropic.org.uk (Ned)
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:08:21 +0000
- In-reply-to: <CAOH62JhcOsBT74zNBF_3NurZxxz4gdpPOZG0ZqH7zhp=PJgBsQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAO5eZdE_hY21TLURgUuQKR=gcwbMigR+wX1iVBQHpGx=44RJoQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAOH62JhcOsBT74zNBF_3NurZxxz4gdpPOZG0ZqH7zhp=PJgBsQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 6 February 2012 16:36, Pascal Cuoq <pascal.cuoq at gmail.com> wrote: > On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Ned <ned at tropic.org.uk> wrote: >> >> I'm interested in using frama-c with a couple of architectures with >> CHAR_BIT being some value other than 8 (16 in one case, 24 in another). [..] > Since your interest in unusual CHAR_BITs presumably stems from your having > at hand processors with these characteristics, and C compilers for these > processors, you may be able to discover bugs following the recipes described > in http://blog.frama-c.com/public/csmith.pdf Thanks for the reply, Pascal. In short, I will have to get my hands dirty:) I do indeed have compilers for these processors; partly, my motivation for using Frama-C is as an oracle for CSmith testing of those compilers - or if not an oracle, at least a second opinion! At the moment we're using CSmith to compare different optimisation levels using a single compiler and to find compiler crashes, but we'd like a second implementation to compare against. I think we could use the recipes you describe to bootstrap this. If we get anywhere I'll post back with results! Thanks, Ned.
- Prev by Date: [Frama-c-discuss] CHAR_BIT != 8
- Next by Date: [Frama-c-discuss] How to make wp to prove the invariant successfully?
- Previous by thread: [Frama-c-discuss] CHAR_BIT != 8
- Next by thread: [Frama-c-discuss] How to make wp to prove the invariant successfully?