[Frama-c-discuss] installing Jessie plug-in

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Claude Marche <Claude.Marche at inria.fr>
 wrote:

> This is the typical message displayed when trying to load a plug-in that
> was compiled with a different OCaml version than the one used to compile
> Frama-C. Could you double-check that the Jessie.cmxs file in Frama-C
> plugins directory is not an old version ?

Note that the reason I mentioned the OCaml compiler in the binary Mac OS X
Frama-C package is that there is no object-level compatibility at all
between OCaml versions. In order to compile and link a plug-in with the
Frama-C from the binary package, one must use OCaml 4.00.1 (the version
that was used to compile the Frama-C kernel in that package).

One such compiler is provided in the package (at
/usr/local/Frama-C/ocaml-4.00.1p/bin ).

I am going to try and install the Jessie plug-in from Why 2.32 on top of
the Frama-C OS X binary package as soon as I have time for it, and I will
report on the difficulties I meet.