[Frama-c-discuss] [wp] invoke provers from command line

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] [wp] invoke provers from command line
  • From: x_cui at hotmail.com (Xiao-lei Cui)
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 00:22:00 -0500

Hi all,
   I just started with the wp plugin.
   I was trying out the -wp-prover options, as listed in its help manual:

-wp-prover <dp,...>  Submit proof obligations to external prover(s):
                    - 'none' to skip provers
                    Directly supported provers:
                    - 'alt-ergo' (default)
                    - 'altgr-ergo' (gui)
                    - 'coq', 'coqide' (see also -wp-script)
                    - 'why3:<dp>' or '<dp>' (why3 prover, see -wp-detect)
                    - 'why3ide' (why3 gui)

I'd like to try the last two options. the demo file, max.c,  is attached.
When I use why3ide option, I got the following output:
$ frama-c -wp -pp-annot -wp-prover why3ide max.c
[kernel] preprocessing with "gcc -C -E -I.  -dD src/max.c"
[wp] Running WP plugin...
[wp] Collecting axiomatic usage
[wp] warning: Missing RTE guards
[wp] Goal typed_max_post : trivial
[wp] Goal typed_max_post_2 : trivial
[wp] Goal typed_max_assert : trivial
why3IDE did not show up. It seems that all VCs are proved already, right? is there a way to display the why3IDE interface using wp?

   Thanks!

cheers
xiao-lei