[Frama-c-discuss] ACSL annotation for making function calls

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] ACSL annotation for making function calls
  • From: x_cui at hotmail.com (Xiao-lei Cui)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 01:25:29 -0500

Hi all,
   I often struggle with annotating function calls in ACSL, due to my inexperience.  I am not sure if it is necessary to reference the pre and post conditions of the callee(e.g. bar1, bar2 in the code below) in the annotation for the caller.
   For instance , given the code below, what is the proper way to annotate function foo()?
   Thanks!
cheers,
xiao-lei
-----------------------------
/*@ contract for bar1*/
extern int bar1(int);

/*@ contract for bar2*/
extern int bar2(int);

/*@ how to deal with bar1 and bar2 ??*/
int foo(int x){
  int y;
  if x==0 {
     y= bar1(x);
     return y;
   }
  y = bar2(x);
  return y;
}

Theory is when you know all and nothing works.
Practice is when all works and nobody knows why.
In this case, we have put together theory and practice: nothing works... and nobody knows why!