[Frama-c-discuss] [Jessie] Assert clause not proved

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] [Jessie] Assert clause not proved
  • From: nnarai at gmail.com (Nanci Naomi)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 14:35:36 -0300

Thank you for your replies. We used the ghost variables and the VCs were
proved in our reduced code version.

However, there are several similar assignments in our legacy code and we
included the ghost variables and the assert clauses to all of them. After
that, the frama-c analysis seems to run slowly, Gappa does not prove some
assert clauses (External prover call failed) and Alt-Ergo proves them, but
it was necessary to enlarge the time limit to avoid time out. We set the
time limit to 300s and there are some not proved assert clauses yet.

According to Claude, the ghost variables is a heavy solution. Is not
possible to use ghost variables several times?

Are there other solution?

We are only verifying a legacy code and we do not intend to modify it.

Regards,

Nanci, Luciana and Rovedy

Nanci Naomi

Treat the Earth well.  It was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children. (Kenyan proverb)