[Frama-c-discuss] Error on using pp-annot

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Frank Dordowsky <frank at dordowsky.de> wrote:

> I have tried clang and it seems to work. I also could reduce the
> number of options of the command. This is my command now:
>
>  frama-c -cpp-command 'clang -C -E -I.' -wp -wp-rte -pp-annot constant.c

You should still use -cpp-extra-args=-nostdinc -cpp-extra-args=-I`frama-c
-print-share-path`/libc .

Just because it happens to work on the simple example you initially set out
to parse does not mean that using the compiler-provided headers is a good
idea.

In other words:

The headers on the left are designed to work with another compiler and if
they were ever shown a formal annotation, they weren't looking. The headers
on the right contain ACSL specifications for a large number of standard
library functions. Which ones do you want to use for your analyses?