[Frama-c-discuss] specifying binary search trees ...?

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] specifying binary search trees ...?
  • From: Claude.Marche at inria.fr (Claude Marché)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:12:11 +0200

Le 26/09/2014 18:02, Marko Sch?tz Schmuck a ?crit :
> Dear All,
>
> I'd like to specify binary search trees parameterized with the
> comparison function on the data items stored in them. I run into the
> problem that I am not allowed to do anything with the function
> pointers other than check for equality.
>
> How would one go about this?

Well, the first thing I would do is to specify binary search trees with
a specific comparison function. I would think about making a parametric
one only after succeeding to specify and prove a specific one.

Then, to make that parametric, I'm afraid that ACSL is missing
constructs on function pointers: typically, one would like to specify
something like "the function pointed by this pointer has this contract".
But I'm not aware of any way to do that in ACSL.

By the way, about specification of binary search trees and similar
structures, there are already many existing material, e.g see the recent
paper

https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01067217

or the VCC case study

http://vacid.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#VACID-0/VCC/RedBlackTrees.c

Hope this helps,

- Claude

--
Claude March?                          | tel: +33 1 72 92 59 69
INRIA Saclay - ?le-de-France           |