[Frama-c-discuss] frama-c GUI being removed from Debian due to using an old version of GtkSourceView

Hello,

Le lun. 5 nov. 2018 à 14:25, Tomas Härdin <tjoppen at acc.umu.se> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/frama-c
>
> It seems porting to GtkSourceView 3.x or 4.x is required to remain in
> Debian. Is this something that has been brought up? I'm a quite recent
> user of frama-c, so I don't know all the ins and outs of this yet. It
> seems knowledge of OCaml is required

 The core issue is mentioned in the comments to one of the bug above (
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=885677#22 more
precisely): frama-c-gui depend on lablgtk, which is based on gtk2 and at
this point in time an upgrade to gtk3 seems very unlikely to happen. We
were already considering migrating to a newer, better maintained, UI
framework before this announcement, but this is not something that will be
done overnight (fortunately, the Debian release cycle is quite long too
😛). In the mean time, we will check whether it is possible to build the
GUI without gtksourceview and gnomecanvas (though it will probably mean
having a degraded mode, e.g. without syntax highlighting).

Finally please note that in any case the command-line interface of frama-c
(which is called frama-c-base in Debian if I remember correctly) is not
impacted by that.

E tutto per oggi, a la prossima volta