[Frama-c-discuss] frama-c plugin howto: question from a beginner

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] frama-c plugin howto: question from a beginner
  • From: jcdemay at rennes.supelec.fr (Jonathan-Christofer Demay)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:37:28 +0100

Hi,

I hope some guys here have already tried to make their own plugin so
maybe they can help me to get started with.

>From the frama-c source code, watching the dummy plugin 'hello_world', I
get the basic structure of a plugin and its make file (not exactly the
hardest part of making a plugin ^^). By probing some simple plugins like
'sparecode', I also get that (correct me If I'm wrong) you interact with
other plugins through 'Db', and what can be called for each plugin is
registered in kernel/db.ml.

What I lack know, it's how to walk through the source code. I'm
currently reading gui/design.ml hoping it might put me on the right
road, but it's not that easy to get into it.

For now I just humbly would like to make something as simple as this:
for $i in each statement in the current project:
      print some useful information about the statement $i
endfor