[Frama-c-discuss] frama-c plugin howto: question from a beginner

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] frama-c plugin howto: question from a beginner
  • From: julien.signoles at cea.fr (Julien SIGNOLES)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:49:20 +0100

Hello,

> What I lack know, it's how to walk through the source code. I'm
> currently reading gui/design.ml hoping it might put me on the right
> road, but it's not that easy to get into it.

In addition to the comments of Benjamin and Pascal, there is also the
plug-in "occurrence" which was first designed in order to show how to
write a small semantic analysis in Frama-C. It also uses a Frama-C
visitor which allow to walk through the source code.

The plug-in development guide [1] contains a small tutorial as well as
details about the way to write a Frama-C plug-in.

[1] http://www.frama-c.cea.fr/download/plug-in_development_guide.pdf

Hope this helps,
Julien
--