[Frama-c-discuss] ACSL by Example 4.2.1 released

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] ACSL by Example 4.2.1 released
  • From: jens.gerlach at first.fraunhofer.de (Jens Gerlach)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:51:18 +0200

The DEVICE-SOFT team at Fraunhofer FIRST is pleased to announce the
availability
of the "ACSL by Example" tutorial, version 4.2.1.

This release offers several improvements and fixes.
The following enhancements are included in version 4.2.1:

- an alternative speci?cation of the remove_copy algorithm that uses
ghost variables
- added a new chapter, Chapter 5 on heap operations
- added the STL mismatch algorithm (Section 3.2)
- moved algorithms adjacent_find and min_element from the appendix to
Chapter 3
- added typedefs size_type and value_type and used them in all
algorithms
- renamed is_valid_int_range to is_valid_range

The tutorial can be downloaded directly through the following link:

	http://www.first.fraunhofer.de/owx_download/acsl-by-example-4_2_1.pdf

Some readers have asked whether they can use this tutorial in a
classroom.
As long as you follow the license conditions (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
)
on page 2 of the tutorial we see no problem using this tutorial for
teaching.
In fact, we would be very happy if our tutorial helps you adopt the
usage of formal methods.

For more information on the DEVICE-SOFT project please refer to our
project page

	http://www.first.fraunhofer.de/device_soft_en

Regards,

Jens Gerlach

--

Dr.-Ing. Jens Gerlach
Eingebettete Systeme - EST
E-Mail: jens.gerlach at first.fraunhofer.de

Fraunhofer-Institut f?r Rechnerarchitektur und Softwaretechnik, FIRST
Kekul?stra?e 7
12489 Berlin
Germany
http://www.first.fraunhofer.de