[Frama-c-discuss] Compiling Frama-C on Ubuntu 9.10

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Compiling Frama-C on Ubuntu 9.10
  • From: boris.hollas at gmx.de (Boris Hollas)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:12:46 +0200

Hello,

I want to install Frama-C Beryllium 2 with Jessie, why, alt-ergo and GUI
(gWhy) on Ubuntu 9.10. Please give me detailed installation
instructions:
- What Ubuntu-packages do i have to install
- What packages do I have to download and compile for Frama-C etc.
- What is the order in which sources must be compiled and installed.

So far, I've installed the packages ocaml and libgtk2.0-dev for Ubuntu
and I've downloaded and compiled LablGTK and
frama-c-Beryllium-20090902-why-2.21. It seems that these packages are
not enough because the GUI is disabled:

configure for LablGTK gives:

LablGTK configuration:
	threads  	system
	native dynlink 	yes
	GtkGLArea 	not found
	libglade 	not found
	librsvg  	not found
	libgnomecanvas 	not found
	libgnomeui 	not found
	libpanelapplet 	not found
	gtkspell 	not found
	gtksourceview 1 	not found
	gtksourceview 2 	not found
	quartz    	not found

	debug   	no
	C compiler	gcc

I haven't installed LablGTK because I'm unsure whether the configuration
is right.

configure for frama-c-Beryllium-20090902-why-2.21 gives:

configure: *************************************
configure: * CHECKING FOR PLUG-IN DEPENDENCIES *
configure: *************************************
configure: WARNING: occurrence only partially enable because gui not
enabled.
configure: WARNING: security only partially enable because gui not
enabled.
configure: WARNING: slicing only partially enable because gui not
enabled.
configure: WARNING: value only partially enable because gui not enabled.
configure: WARNING: impact only partially enable because gui not
enabled.
configure: WARNING: syntactic-callgraph only partially enable because
gui not enabled.
configure: WARNING: wp only partially enable because gui not enabled.
configure: *********************
configure: * CREATING MAKEFILE *
configure: *********************
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating cil/ocamlutil/perfcount.c
config.status: creating share/Makefile.config
configure: *******************************
configure: * SUMMARY: PLUG-INS AVAILABLE *
configure: *******************************
configure: constant_propagation: yes
configure: from: yes
configure: gui: no (see warning
about /usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtk2/lablgtksourceview.cmxa,/usr/lib/ocaml/lablgtksourceview/lablgtksourceview.cmxa)
configure: impact: partial (gui not enabled)
configure: inout: yes
configure: ltl_to_acsl: partial, dynamic (see warning about ltl2ba)
configure: metrics: yes
configure: miel: no (not available by default)
configure: occurrence: partial (gui not enabled)
configure: pdg: yes
configure: postdominators: yes
configure: scope: yes
configure: security: partial (gui not enabled)
configure: semantic_callgraph: yes
configure: slicing: partial (gui not enabled)
configure: sparecode: yes
configure: syntactic_callgraph: partial (gui not enabled)
configure: users: yes
configure: value: partial (gui not enabled)
configure: wp: no (not available by default)