[Frama-c-discuss] problem with installation of Frama-C Beryllium (2) for Mac OS X 10.5.8

Thanks Pascal for your help.

You guessed right. The first error was because of the tar I was using to
untar. When I used the version of tar that comes with Apple, the first
set of errors disappeared.

The second one though didn't disappear I didn't have Macports on my
laptop. So, I picked your suggestion of compiling Frama-C from the
source. I followed the instructions on wiki and then while I was
installing Beryllium, I got another error. The make didn't go through
because of the following error:

Linking      bin/ptests.byte
File "ptests/ptests.ml", line 57, characters 6-15:
Error: This expression has type
          ?temp_dir:string -> string -> string -> string
        but an expression was expected of type string -> string -> string
make: *** [bin/ptests.byte] Error 2

And as expected the following also didn't go through:

sh-3.2# sudo make install
Generating   destination directories
Copying to   shared files
Copying to   binaries
cp: bin/toplevel.opt: No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

Before writing this email, I decided to try once more installing
Beryllium binaries. And surprisingly it worked. :) I am not sure this is
because of installing Macports or it is because of the separate
installations I did  before trying to compile Beryllium.

Thanks again,
naghmeh