[Frama-c-discuss] about checking xen by frama-c

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] about checking xen by frama-c
  • From: pascal.cuoq at gmail.com (Pascal Cuoq)
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:48:30 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Liu Jian <gjk.liu at gmail.com> wrote:
> ???? I am interested in?the work about "static analysis of the Xen kernel
> using Frama-C".

I think you are referring to the article available online at:
http://www.jucs.org/jucs_16_4/static_analysis_of_the/jucs_16_04_0543_0553_puccetti.pdf

I would advise to leave a copy of your request in the author's
personal mailbox, as this improves your chances he sees it eventually.
This is, however, mid-August, so your mileage may vary.

Somewhat relatedly, there are quite a few threads in the archives of
this mailing list where people have been asking for help without
explaining at all what they were trying to do. Most of the time the
threads end with the question's originator not even bothering to come
back and tell everyone whether it worked.

Firstly, this wastes developers' time: often, we would be able to tell
that what is being tried is never going to work, and instead we find
ourselves spending time solving tactical problems for a strategy that
is going nowhere.

Also, I fear that the people who provide the answers may eventually
get tired of this rather unrewarding system. If I were you, I would
improve my chances by investing a bit of my own time explaining what I
intend to do, and what is in it for the author of the article if I
succeed.

Good luck,

Pascal