[Frama-c-discuss] GUI - Opening a file (Windows XP)

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] GUI - Opening a file (Windows XP)
  • From: vijay.suman at tcs.com (Vijay Suman)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:34:14 +0530

Hello,

OS: Windows XP
Shell: Cygwin (same behavior on command-prompt too)

I opened the GUI using the normal command frama-c-gui from Cygwin.
When I try to open a C file (the beginner example file on the website,
first.c), it says that there was an
error and I have to see the console.
The error being displayed on the console is that "Access is denied".

Even when running the tool from the command line, it throws an error while
running gcc.
321075 at 01HW293771 /cygdrive/e/Vijay/VS_Share/Installables/Frama-C
$ frama-c first.c
[kernel] preprocessing with "gcc -C -E -I.  first.c"
Access is denied.
[kernel] user error: failed to run: gcc -C -E -I.  -o
"C:\DOCUME~1\XXXXXX\LOCALS
~1\Temp\first.c23904f.i" "first.c"
                     you may set the CPP environment variable to select
the prop
er preprocessor command or use the option "-cpp-command".
[kernel] user error: skipping file "first.c" that has errors.
[kernel] Frama-C aborted because of an invalid user input.

Firstly, I do not understand the error. Especially, given that it created
the file inside Temp
and the intermediate file was read by it before that.
Secondly, it suggests using the -cpp-command option, which does not
produce any output if I input

$frama-c -cpp-command first.c

But I do not know where to put this option when typing in the following.
All places seem to be wrong!

frama-c -slevel 10 -val first.c

Can somebody help?

Thank you.