[Frama-c-discuss] Why wp plugin failed to prove such naive properties?

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Why wp plugin failed to prove such naive properties?
  • From: abiao.yang at gmail.com (David Yang)
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:57:01 +0000
  • References: <CAA1cxuhDnFw9NJL0VQrEC8oUgbjyUkE+o=SHqURuO7gs0uDi-Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAC3Lx=axPxDRonpEGmkD5gFuKdmZQHz7dxdHxDDzGmBa6L8KKw@mail.gmail.com> <CAA1cxujWyMaLJaKLJ_-raOvDoHEk4rGGaq3tPMu_b3yin9MTSw@mail.gmail.com> <CAC3Lx=ZvBaApioyvey2FdDDQycQmJAzoQFOxH_ASiujzp=TMNg@mail.gmail.com> <CAA1cxujxwjN-qo8iWhqLrb7CG8MQnMbke9tLrvCbNc20+taKyw@mail.gmail.com> <CAC3Lx=Z=ceJnqJ8j=MqThESC2am+sgsJnF5LR5V1dmhBa_BN-A@mail.gmail.com>

Dear David,

On 13 November 2013 12:42, David MENTRE <dmentre at linux-france.org> wrote:
> CEA has a plug-in that allows to put annotations in a file separated
> from the code (I don't know to which extent, i.e. would it allow to
> add loop invariant?). Unfortunately this plug-in is proprietary.

Yeah, they seems already have such a plugin named "GenAssigns" that
can infer missing assigns for source code.
This page you suggested for me yesterday mentioned that plugin:
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/frama-c-discuss/2013-September/003831.html

> That's said, I am wondering if open source project would not accept
> patches for annotations. After all, Frama-C is open source (so anybody
> can replay the verification) and annotations are in comments (so no
> impact on binary). If it brings additional guarantees on the code, a
> reasonable maintainer should accept such annotations. Have you tried
> to send annotations upstream?

I haven't tried to send annotations upstream before.
Since they are in comments, I also think they might accept such annotations.

Inferring loop invariant is always a research top in these years.

Currently, maybe there does not exist a good way to automatically
generate such loop invariants. ;-)

Many thanks.

-david