[Frama-c-discuss] About the slicing plugin. (slicing speed on slicing zones)

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] About the slicing plugin. (slicing speed on slicing zones)
  • From: abiao.yang at gmail.com (David Yang)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:31:28 +0800

Dear all,

What is the slicing algorithm for slicing zones in frama-c?

Currently, I am using frama-c to perform program slicing. I am not very
sure about the slicing algorithm for slicing zones in frama-c.

Firstly, I select zones (Locations.Zone.t) related to a function by using :
Db.Slicing.select_func_zone
Then, I apply the slicing request by using: !Db.Slicing.Request.apply_all
prj ~propagate_to_callers:false;

But this is very slow, even the function is less than 20 source lines of
code.

I guess the slicing plugin perform a slicing task in the following :
1. Apply slicing request for each zone respectively
2. Combine those slices related to each zone.

Am I right?

In addition,  any suggestion on how to improve speed for this kind of
slicing task?

Best regards,
David Yang