[Frama-c-discuss] About the slicing plugin. (slicing speed on slicing zones)

Hi,

Le 23/09/2013 04:31, David Yang a ?crit :
> Firstly, I select zones (Locations.Zone.t) related to a function by
> using : Db.Slicing.select_func_zone
> Then, I apply the slicing request by using:
> !Db.Slicing.Request.apply_all prj ~propagate_to_callers:false;
>
> But this is very slow, even the function is less than 20 source lines of
> code.

The slicing computation needs the PDG, which needs the value analysis
results.
I think that if you didn't compute the value analysis before,
the slicing plug-in run it for you, but because this computation
is application wide, it can take some time, whatever slicing request you
want.

Maybe you would prefer to first run the value analysis, and save the
results,
before trying to computes slices ?

Hope this helps.
Best regards,