[Frama-c-discuss] I wrote a blog post about my experiences with Frama-C so far

Hi Tomas,
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience !
I'm just wondering how you stressed WP with strings :-) because, basically, modelling for string literals are supposed to be fairly implemented, eg:

$ less str.i
void foo() {
  char *a = "abc";
  char *b = "abc";
  char *c = "def";
  //@ assert \valid_read(a+(0..3));
  //@ assert !\valid(a+(0..3));
  //@ assert \separated({a,b},c);
  //@ assert \forall integer k; 0 <= k <= 3 ==> a[k] == b[k];
}
$ frama-c -wp str.i
[kernel] Parsing str.i (no preprocessing)
[wp] Warning: Missing RTE guards
[wp] 4 goals scheduled
[wp] Proved goals:    4 / 4
  Qed:             0  (0.49ms-1ms-1ms)
  Alt-Ergo:        4  (18ms-24ms) (51)

(\separated(a,b) can not be proved, it is compiler dependent).

So, if you faced problems with strings, there might be some bug somewhere that we should investigate !
Regards,
	L.