Von: frama-c-discuss-bounces at lists.gforge.inria.fr im Auftrag von CUOQ
Pascal
Gesendet: Fr 11.09.2009 12:26
An: Frama-C public discussion
Betreff: RE: what to do when Frama-c tells me to submit a bug

Hello,

> [jessie] user error: Nothing to process. There was probably an error
before.
> max.h:27:[jessie] failure: Unexpected exception.
>                   Please submit bug report (Ref.
"Log.AbortError("jessie")").
> [kernel] Plugin jessie aborted because of an internal error.
>          Please report with 'crash' at http://bts.frama-c.com

One of these five lines in the message printed by Frama-C on your
example is an URL . Did you go there?

> Obviously, the analysis of .h files is no longer supported and will cause
an error.

Not necessarily. Frama-C crashed. If what you did was meant to
be unsupported, the behavior would be a message, not a crash.

> What shall I submit?

HOW TO REPRODUCE:
Everything necessary for a smart, but not mind-reading, human
to reproduce the bug: input files, command line used, sequence of
actions. Note that in most cases, a programmatic representation
for the sequence of actions is also generated automatically under
the name frama_c_journal.ml, so you can submit that instead or
in addition to a description of what you did, but it does not replace
the input files.

OBTAINED BEHAVIOR:
What you got.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:
This is not the case here, but sometimes the misunderstanding is
about what you were expecting instead. So for non-crash bug reports,
do not forget to describe what you were expecting to happen.

> Is there a file created by frama-c , if so, I cannot find it.
> And if there is no bugreport created by frama-c I think it would
> be a good Idea to let frama-c create a file, I could mail to you.
> Otherwise, I would have no Idea what to post.

frama_c_journal.ml somewhat matches your description of
a bug-report file, but it would be a bad idea to blindly send
that and expect something to happen. What you should provide
is defined by the rule "Everything necessary for a smart,
but not mind-reading, human to reproduce the bug".

> If you have already something like a microsoft of mozilla bug reporting
system,
> I would like to know how to use it.

You have seen that there was a URL in the message that was printed,
right?

See also the section "Using the BTS" at
http://bts.frama-c.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mantis%3AFrama-C%3Astart
I mentioned the BTS and how more people should be using it in
a previous message.

Regards,