[Frama-c-discuss] installing Jessie plug-in

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Stephen Siegel <siegel at udel.edu> wrote:

> I can compile ocamlgraph from source using the compilers from Frama-C, but
> where should I put the resulting files so that the Jessie build scripts
> will find them?  Do I just need to move graph.cma and graph.cmxa somewhere?

Just type "sudo make install" after ocamlgraph has been made, and the files
will be installed in a subdirectory of the .../lib/ocaml directory of the
OCaml compiler that was used to compile.
In this case, that should be
/usr/local/Frama-C/ocaml-4.00.1p/lib/ocaml/ocamlgraph

What you may find distasteful about this simple method is that it will also
install executable files in /usr/local/bin, this sort of thing. If you want
to install by hand, you need to copy more than graph.cma and graph.cmxa.
These two files are only the two that are somehow missing from an existing
directory of libraries that Frama-C contains, but the recommended methods
of "sudo make install" installs a lot more files. So I do not have any
better solution to offer. Configure ocamlgraph with "./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/Frama-C" if that makes you feel less dirty.

When I got Jessie working on my own Mac, I was about to make a binary
package but I realized that it would not contain any of the back-ends
(Alt-Ergo, Coq, ?) that Why targets. This is when I gave up. This is not my
fight.