[Frama-c-discuss] installing Jessie plug-in

> Just out of curiosity, why can't I use a different instance of the ocaml
> compiler to compile the plugins?

You can use the exact same compiler, compiled twice. They do not have a
unique id or anything like that.

> Both compilers are version 4.00.1, so shouldn't they produce the same
> output?  Or is there something different about the ocaml compiler bundled
> with the Frama-C OS X distribution?

The ?p? in "4.00.1p? is for ?patched with minor changes in assembly
generation that do not affect the ABIs?. On the other hand, I think that
this compiler was compiled on Lion. That may make some object from it
incompatible with object files from an otherwise identical compiler
compiled on Mountain Lion.
It sounds strange but I do not see any other explanation.